Poinsettia flower craft would make cute DIY tree ornaments. Have you ever made or thought about making tree ornaments with nylon or stocking net? Well this year, why not decorate your Christmas Tree with Nylon Poinsettia Ornaments? Crafting beautiful handmade flowers with stocking net has been an old art and I love it!
Poinsettia flower Christmas Tree Ornaments
If you have been around Craftionary for long, you already know that I have made a whole lot of stocking net crafts! And you can trust me when I say it’s addicting and you will fall in love with it too. What do you think about the Poinsettia flower in the picture! Do you think it will look nice on the Christmas Tree? I would love to hear what you think?
So, let’s get started with the tutorial to make:
DIY Poinsettia Flower
You will need:
- Ring size (1-6 in diameter)
- Red and green stocking net
- Floral tape
- Nylon thread
- Stem wire
- Red, yellow and white stamens
For more details about the material and where to buy go HERE!
Poinsettia Flower Craft
How to make flower:
You will need 15 leaves for each Poinsettia. In order to get various sized leaves follow this chart in diameter.
- 1 Leaf – Ring Size 1
- 2 Leaves – Ring Size 2
- Two Leaves – Ring Size 3
- 2 Leaves – Ring Size 4
- 3 Leaves – Ring Size 5
- 5 Leaves – Ring Size 6
- Wrap the wire with stocking net and shape it like poinsettia leaves.
- Thread stamens to the center of the stem wire (I used 3 white, 1 yellow, 4 red and 8 green stamens).
- Don’t know how to make a petal and thread it, see this TUTORIAL.
You will thread leaves to the stem wire in 4 layers. Here’s how:
- Layer 1 – 3 Leaves (size 1 and 2)
- 2 – 3 Leaves (size 3 and 4)
- 3 – 4 Leaves (size 4 and 5)
- 4 – 5 Leaves (size 6)
- Now shape the plant as you would like to see it and that’s it. You are done!
Enjoy poinsettia flower tree ornaments.
To those who celebrate, wishing you all a Very Merry Christmas.
Over 12 Great tutorials to choose from!
More great ideas to make nylon flowers, check out here.
You will also like:
30 Gift wrapping ideas
100 Best Christmas Ideas
Easy no sew snowmen