This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
This post is about nylon flowers material to make flowers with stocking net and nylon. You will find information about materials list and where you can find it online to get started crafting these beautiful flowers. The list includes:
- Nylon or stocking net in various colors
- Construction rings in various sizes
- Nylon thread
- Stem wire
- Floral tape
The basic material for every nylon flower is the same.
What nylon flowers material and things I need?
- Nylon/ stocking net is available in a variety of colors. Choose any according to your project. They come in single as well as dual colors.
- Constructive rings come in set of 8. Gives you a perfect petal every time, also used for making leaves. If you do not have these rings. You can use the ring sizes I have mentioned as the diameter of the circle. Use lids, caps, glasses etc to wind the wire.
- Nylon Thread binds the net perfectly. You can use white thread for every project but they are also available in colors. I have also heard from a few readers that they used ordinary thread for the purpose and it worked perfectly
- Pliers are available in many shapes and sizes. Buy a plier that is smooth and works with less pressure application. As making so many petals continuously dries your fingers resulting in minute cuts that hurt when your finger gets pressed.
- Scissors for cutting.
- Stem Wire as the name says it all, used to make the stem of the flower. Comes in two sizes. I use #2. As the stem is covered with floral tape you can also use stems from dried flowers in your garden, the natural shape makes it look real.
- Wire comes in many colors and sizes. I have used silver wire in all my projects, you can also use colored wire of same color for your flowers. The higher the number the thinner the wire. #22-#24 gauge wire is used for making petals of the flowers and #26 gauge wire for leaves usually.
- Floral Tape to cover the wires and thread, once the flower is complete.
Optional Material for nylon flowers
- Stamens and buds are a part of every flower. They give the flowers a natural look. Stamens for flowers like sunflower are also available but you can always make your own or use a real sunflower bud.
- Leaves made of plastic can be used but you can always use leaves made of nylon, they look more beautiful.
Where can I shop stocking net flower material?
You can find all the required nylon flowers material online at:
- Newsheer (no longer exists)
Find tutorials to make all the flowers you see in the image above.