This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
How to make nylon flower dahlia from scratch?
Today I am going to share a tutorial to make dahlia. You can make all kinds of flowers using nylon stocking net.
For making bigger flowers, use bigger petals. For dahlia, you will need a lot of petals.
Since, for making any flower you have to analyze it.
I wish I had a better picture of this beautiful flower.
But things change so much with time. And today I don’t have that flower, to re-shoot.
Nylon flower dahlia material
- Ring sizes 7, 6, 5 and 4 (simply means the diameter, of any round thing you use).
- Pink and rose-purple stocking net
- Floral tape
- Nylon thread
- Stem wire
- Yellow stamens small
- Make 6 petals ring size (4), 6 petals ring size (5), 11 petals ring size (6) and 11 petals ring size (7).
- Follow the instructions for making petals and assembling the flower in the post Basic Nylon Flower..
- Wind the thread around the size (6) ring. And thread it in the middle. (as shown below).
- Now make a hook at one end of the wire. Hook in the thread and twist the wire.
- Then twist the wire around the wire stem firmly.
- Thread 8 double-sided yellow stamens to the stem wire.
- You can also just thread the yellow stamens, to make the bud.
- Thread the smallest petals size (4). Followed by the petals size (5). Then the petals size (6). And finally the petals size (7).
- This order completes the dahlia flower.
- Hide the wires with floral tape. Wind the floral tape tightly around.
- Now fold the petals over the stamens to hide them.
- As dahlia is a closed flower with many petals. It’s bud is not visible.
Stocking flowers or Nylon flowers
For more beautiful flowers made using Stocking. Check out the link below:
You will also like:
Bendable burlap flowers
Ribbon flowers tutorial
Make nylon roses (tutorial)
Looking for more great ideas?