This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
Easy flower paper craft is a cute origami paper folding flower for beginners, starters and even kids to have fun making as an art project. Sometimes crafts like paper flower that involve paper folding techniques like origami are therapeutic and relaxing. This project is also great to start kids on paper folding so they develop skills like focusing, fine motor and neatness.
Easy flower paper craft
- I used my flower as a bulletin board decor
- You can make these flowers for to celebrate a girl’s birthday with flowers theme
- Make birthday caps with it.
- Make eight such flowers and glue them together to make a fancy decorative ball
- Origami art for kids
- Baby mobile
Easy flower paper craft tutorial
- Take a square paper (9 1/2 cm x 9 1/2 cm) and fold it in half such that the bottom corner folds onto the top corner forming a triangle. Now fold the right corner such that it meets the top and repeat on the other side to form a diamond. Keep the pattern-side down.
- Fold the right flap in half forming a line at the middle and repeat on the other side. Now open the left flap and fold it in a way that the middle line formed previously is flatten and smoothened. Repeat on the right side. In this way 2 diamonds are formed on the sides.
- Now fold the top half of the diamond inside followed by closing the flaps in halves on both sides.
- Turn the sides over and glue them where they meet. Tip: Use a paper pin to secure it in place while the glue dries.
- Make 5 petals following the above method.
- Finally glue the petals together to complete your flower. See the front and back view of the flower below:
I hope you enjoyed the tutorial as much as I did making it. 🙂 Have a wonderful crafty week.
Make burlap flowers that bend
Hi Hani, thanks so much for taking the time to look and comment on my blog. I love your tutorial. I'm glad you found me so I could see your beautiful blog! I'll be checking back often.
Wow!!!! I love your blog especially the nylon flowers. I still have to explore your blog to know more about craft ideas….You can visit my Ey to Zee craft blog.
I enjoy making kusudama flowers too. Turned mine into a corner bookmark here http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/09/kusudama-flowers.html
Super cute idea! 🙂
Love the flower! Thanks for the tutorial:)
Just gorgeous flowers!! I am constantly amazed at the creativity of some people, given just a few items and a bit of encouragement. Thanks for the tutorial 🙂