This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
How to make origami box easy tutorial. Origami is a Japanese technique of folding the paper and making wonderful things. It does not involve any cutting or gluing just simple folds to convert a basic paper into beautiful projects. I am using constructive paper that is normally used in crafts by kids.
Origami box easy tutorial
Make this origami cube, it is very easy to make and you can use it in many different ways.
Instructions to make origami box
- Take a square paper (9 1/2 x 9 1/2) and fold it in half such that the bottom corner folds onto the top corner. Keep the pattern-side down.
- Fold it in half again, such that right corner folds onto the left corner.
- Now open the top half of the triangle and flatten into a diamond shape.
- Flip the paper over. Open and fold the fin to the top left and flatten into a diamond shape again.
- Fold the top right and top left edges to the center line
- Open the flaps, as pictured below and flatten the bottom of each flap into a triangle.
- Flip the paper over and fold the edges to the center line and flatten the flaps into triangles at the bottom again.
- Rotate (flip) flaps you will get a clear surface as shown below. Now fold the top right and top left edges to the centre line like before. Flip the paper and repeat on the other 3 sides.
- Fold top point down, as shown in the picture below. Flip the paper and repeat on the other 3 sides.
- You will get a shape as shown below. Now pull out the four triangular sides and flatten the bottom.
- Your box is ready. If you don’t like the tipped-corners you can also glue them to the base for a sophisticated box.
How to use paper box?
This is a great project to do with kids. Kids are so excited of such handmade achievements. This origami box easy project can be used to keep:
- candies and small treats
- put small office supplies like staple pins, paper clips and thumb nails
- craft supplies like beads and buttons
- stationery items like eraser, sharpener or even crayons