This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
Burlap and buttons shirt tutorial
DIY shirt refashion
Burlap and buttons boutique shirt material
- Burlap strings
- Needles and threads (black and white threads in this project)
- Buttons (of your choice)
How to make boutique buttons shirt?
- To make the box around the embroidery, you will need 8 braided burlap strings.
- Cut two burlap strings of same length according to your pattern. Tie a knot at one end and twist them together to make a braid.
- Pin the braids in place and hand thread them into the fabric. I made 5 loops (3 white loops between 2 black loops) after each 1/4 inch.
- Now place and arrange the buttons in different positions
- When you are convinced with the look, sew them in place.
- When you are finished sewing the burlap strings and buttons, the backside will look like this (note that the interfacing is already their, because I gave it for embroidery. If you plan to paint instead of embroidery, you will need to stick the interfacing on the back before you thread the burlap strings, for a neat look)
- And your front side will look like this.