Puzzles are a great activity to get adults and kids involved in brainstorming. But how often just by loosing a few jigsaw puzzle pieces we end up throwing the entire stock away! Today, I am sharing some great ideas to personalized jigsaw puzzle and even jigsaw puzzle crafts to use up old pieces. Did you know you could use paper to make so many puzzle games and activities? Let’s check these innovative projects.
Jigsaw puzzle crafts
How To Make Jigsaw Puzzle?
- Make your own puzzle via wikihow.
1. Print any image and paste it on a cardboard. Trace the jigsaw puzzle design on the back side and with the help of a sharp knife cut into pieces.
2. Printable continent puzzles via books and giggles.
For primary and elementary school level kids, Knowing about their geographical locations is important. A jigsaw puzzle with continents detail and can kids in learning. print out a world map and make your own jigsaw puzzle by cutting the pieces and then playing. You can also make a location map puzzle. This is perfect for adults, Print out your location map and you can also reuse an old jigsaw and make a new game on it by pasting the new image.
3. Make picture jigsaw puzzle (photo puzzle) via snap made
Print out your favorite picture and make a back side with any thick paper medium. Use any jigsaw pattern and cut it. You can also seal the surface with a transparent glue sealer. Simple and easy!
4. How to paint jigsaw puzzle to recreate a new one via alisa burke.
Alisa is super talented with her paintings and doodle designs, She painted a used puzzle and designed it with her own beautiful drawings. How nice is this tutorial.
5. Jigsaw puzzle free printable template via dltk kids.
You can print this image out and can use this template for cutting the pattern of jigsaw puzzle.
Creative Puzzle Games for Kids
- 1. Make your own floor puzzle via hands on as we grow
Learning activity on the floor is useful for preschoolers. Colorful blocks arrangement in a square portion is the learning game.
2. Lego picture puzzles via I can teach my child
Kids love playing with Lego. Let them learn with a game activity. Paste some pictures on the Lego blocks and then carefully cut it with x-acto knife. Kids would love to find the perfect fix of their pictures.
3. Popsicle sticks puzzle via powerful mothering
Place some Popsicles together and ask your kid to finger paint these, Then make it a puzzle by writing numbers on it. This will be helping kids in learning counting.
4. Printable paper name puzzle via Happy hooligans
Write the name on a sheet and cut it in puzzle shapes for kids. Kids will enjoy fixing these properly and finding the name.
5. Blocks puzzle via kids creative chaos
Use some magazine and story books papers to paste on the cubic puzzles all sides. This will be giving a new life to the old cubes puzzle.
6. Floor puzzle using wooden tiles via mermag
Color block some wooden tiles and make different colors triangles on the tiles. Kids will enjoy fixing the same colors as well as making patterns out of these.
Free printable puzzle activities for kids
- 1. Free printable time puzzle via life overcs
Join the right digital time with the analog clock time and learn while you play.
2. Free printable coin puzzle via this reading mama
Interactive puzzle game to teach kids about the coin system.
3. Math cubic riddles via what do we do all day
Make these cubes with free printables that your kids are sure to love.
4. Shape puzzles via totschooling
Print and cutout shapes to make shape diagrams and learn along.
5. Number puzzle free printable
6. Alphabet puzzle free printable via craftionary
Match uppercase and lowercase alphabets and learn along the way!
Jigsaw Puzzle Crafts
- 1. Jigsaw puzzle bookmarks (unknown source)
Simple project made by sticking puzzle piece on paper clip.
2. Puzzle pieces monogram wall art via view from the fridge
Make a wall art with leftover old puzzle pieces like a monogrammed canvas art.
3. DIY Jigsaw puzzle photo frame (unknown source)
A cute photo frame can become a customized kid-made gift with a few colorful strokes on the puzzle pieces.
4. Puzzle piece necklace tutorial via gros grain fab
This is great for siblings, couples and friends forever custom gift.
5. Jigsaw puzzle gift tags via domestically blissful
Chalkboard paint puzzle piece and make instant name tags or gift tags.
6. DIY puzzle fridge magnets via serenity now
Keep your kids creatively involved while you are busy in the kitchen by using magnets to turn simple puzzle into a magnetic one!
7. Jigsaw puzzle hearts (unknown source)
Cute project that can be customized in many ways.
8. Jigsaw puzzle pieces bowls via freshly found
Make these fun bowls to organize small things.
9. Jigsaw puzzle earrings (unknown source)
A little nerdy girl would love these cute earrings.
10. Jigsaw puzzle mirror (unknown source)
Spray paint puzzle pieces and glue them on a mirror to make this beautiful mirror.
How to frame a jigsaw puzzle via forever in the making
A good tip to frame a puzzle is to decoupage it after completion and put it in a frame that fits. This way it stays perfectly aligned in position.
Enjoy crafting and reusing your old jigsaw puzzles.