This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
I am Cath from Cake By Cath
Today I am sharing my teddy bear tutorial with the readers of Craftionary
- Knead some gum paste to soften it. When it is soft enough to mold tint it using a cocktail stick with brown food color and knead again. Now it is ready. Cut and set aside a small quantity for hands and legs.
- Now shape it as the photo below for the body part
- Once the body is ready, we need to dress the teddy. For the clothes I tinted gum paste with blue color. Roll the gum paste into sausage and cut to make the legs of the teddy bear.
- Now using the tool shown in the picture make a cone shaped model. This creates the opening of the pants.
- Now make feet by shaping them as shown in the picture with the gum paste we set aside first. Poke small holes to make toes
- Brush some Tylo glue and stick the pants and feet in place. You can make tylo glue at home following this recipe.
- Make details using a pointed knife.
- Now lets complete the teddy bear with the T-shirt finally.
- Roll white gum paste very thin and cut into a rectangular shape using knife. Make two slits. Small slit for the collar and a longer one for the shirt’s end and shape as shown.
- Now glue it in place using Tylo glue, do not bend much and use more glue to stick the back.
- Finally make hands following the instructions for feet.
- Glue the hands to the body. Add details on the shirt. We are almost done
- Connect the head using cocktail stick. See the post Teddy Bear to make the head
The post has been truncated for copyright safety. Thank you so much for understanding! “This post first appeared on Craftionary.net”
thank you..this is great…
Thanks Hani.. ^_^
Your origami post has been featured in my sunday linky! Check it out here 🙂 http://petitehermine.blogspot.com/2011/02/sunday-linky-party-4-goodies.html
Thats cutest … thanks for sharing Hani…http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/LoveFarah
<3 your blog!
Stopping by from:
I hope you will follow me back 🙂
I have some great giveaways going right now!
So adorable! Thank you!
This is a real cool cake – you must love teddy bears as much as we do.
Hey Hani What a great work man ! I love your post !