Going abstract with walls under $10 is a project involving acrylic paints and thread to make abstract art for wall decorating. This is one project that I feel is my best one so far but tragically this is the only one that does not turn out that great in the pictures as it is in real. I hope you all like it as much as I adore it.
I was thinking of making a good project for my living room for a while. So, here’s what I came up with. Let’s start with the required material. For complete details on the technique see Thread painting
- Certificate frames
- Drawing paper
- Acrylic paints
- Round brushes
- I knew what I had to do, so I bought a set of certificate frames from Michaels. Then I cut white drawing paper to the frames size.
- I then added some squares for making a common statement in the frames.
- I then sketched patterns and motives on the card paper. The entire sketching is free hand and it took most of my time and brain while designing the frames.
- Once I was happy with the sketch, I then glued thread to the lines using glue stick and then painted between the lines.
- To understand the details on the technique used in making these frames. Check out my tutorial Thread painting
I hope you all enjoyed these frames. The best thing is that you don’t have to care about the paint flowing out of boundaries in this wall art.
Kids wall art