Really tasty doughnuts for tea-time. The raisins inside the doughnuts add good flavor and cinnamon sugar is simply delicious. The final doughnuts are so soft and spongy, they melt perfectly in your mouth. Tidbits of raisin enhance the taste in your mouth with little pinches of sweetness. If you are not a cinnamon lover you can skip the drenching part. Worth trying either ways. Note:You might be wondering about the pictures being from some other blog. Bake My Love was originally a blog started by me which then got transfered here at blogspot.
MAKES APPROX. 18 DOUGHNUTS
PREPARATION TIME: 30 MINUTES
- 100 g/ 3 1/2 oz butter
- 50 g/ 2 oz icing sugar
- 3 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 350g/ 12 oz all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp water
- 75 g/ 3 oz raisins
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cinnamon sugar for dredging (mix 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon powder)
- Beat together butter, sugar, eggs and salt until light and fluffy.
- Sieve together flour and baking powder and fold with water.
- Fold in the raisins
- Use 2 tablespoons to cut out doughnuts
- Deep-fry at 180° C/ 350° F in small batches until brown and ready.
- Drain and dredge with the cinnamon sugar.
Serve with tea and enjoy.
The post has been truncated for copyright safety. Thank you so much for understanding! “This post first appeared on Craftionary.net”