This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
Disneys mickey and friends wall hanging is a wall art project for disney fans and kids comprising mickey mouse, donald duck, goofy and pluto. Make this cute project to decorate kids bedroom, playroom with simple craft materials. You will need canvas or wooden boards, thread and acrylic paint.
I love to paint so I made Disneys wall hanging by painting on boxes for my little boy’s bedroom. I am so thrilled with how it came out and it looks so cute in his room.
These Disney characters are free handed sketches that I have drawn. My interests include sketching and drawing as a beginner artist who loves to practice since childhood. You can find tons of printable Disney characters on the internet that you can trace on your medium if you like.
I found a pack of four gift boxes at a dollar store and simply unwrapped them to make my frames. Little did I know when I first arrived that there is a huge variety of craft materials in this country. I would suggest using canvas or wooden boards for beautiful and long lasting results.
Disneys Mickey and Friends Wall Hanging Material
To make this project you will need the following things or craft materials:
- A base (some suggested ones are card stock to frame, canvas, wooden blocks or glass)
- Thread (I used embroidery thread as it is a bit thicker for the outline purpose)
- Acrylic paints
- White glue or glue stick
- Paint brushes
- Trace paper
- Printed sketches (or draw freely if you like)
Disney Mickey and Friends Tutorial
- Cut a stiff drawing paper 12″ in length and 9″ in height, for a final frame size of 11″x8″. Fold the sides an inch inside as shown below:
- You will need two such folded squares to made one frame. Overlap the two so that the front becomes your canvas and the back becomes your hanging.
- The final surface looks like this.
- When your done, simply thumb nail the back and hang the front over it.
- A no holes and no wall damage wall art that glows.
- Once I was done with sketching my characters I used glue stick to outline with thread.
- You can also use white glue if your medium doesn’t absorb water.
- Let it stiffen.
- Now paint the characters using acrylic paints, poster paints or any other paint that you like.
- Let it dry before you paint the background.
- Now paint the background. Don’t you love the way it came out.
I love close ups. If you like you can print these single images and use as the outline for your project.
Till Next Week
Stay happy and keep smiling! Follow our kids boards on Pinterest for latest kids ideas.
You may also like:
Sea animal crafts for kids
Ways to make Abstract Art
What color to paint your furniture?
This post first appeared on Craftionary.net and was updated July 2021.
They are very cute..you did such a good job painting them..thanks for sharing this idea!
Amazing… you are so talented!!!
Great idea 🙂
I LOVE the mickey mouse, i wish you would have made several more, so that I could have bought one from you.