This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
Disneys mickey and friends wall hanging is a wall art project for disney fans and kids comprising mickey mouse, donald duck, goofy and pluto. Make this cute project to decorate kids bedroom, playroom with simple craft materials. You will need canvas or wooden boards, thread and acrylic paint.
Disneys Mickey and Friends Wall Hanging Material
To make this project you will need the following things or craft materials:
- A base (some suggested ones are card stock to frame, canvas, wooden blocks or glass)
- Thread (I used embroidery thread as it is a bit thicker for the outline purpose)
- Acrylic paints
- White glue or glue stick
- Paint brushes
- Trace paper
- Printed sketches (or draw freely if you like)
Disney Mickey and Friends Tutorial
- Cut a stiff drawing paper 12″ in length and 9″ in height, for a final frame size of 11″x8″. Fold the sides an inch inside as shown below:
- You will need two such folded squares to made one frame. Overlap the two so that the front becomes your canvas and the back becomes your hanging.
- The final surface looks like this.
- When your done, simply thumb nail the back and hang the front over it.
- A no holes and no wall damage wall art that glows.
- Once I was done with sketching my characters I used glue stick to outline with thread.
- You can also use white glue if your medium doesn’t absorb water.
- Let it stiffen.
- Now paint the characters using acrylic paints, poster paints or any other paint that you like.
- Let it dry before you paint the background.
- Now paint the background. Don’t you love the way it came out.
Sea animal crafts for kids
Ways to make Abstract Art
What color to paint your furniture?