Today I am sharing a DIY winter wreath tutorial. This is the first ever wreath I have ever made! I have been thinking about making wreath for a while now. And it’s here finally. I had so much fun making this Christmas wreath. I think I will make more.
This is a very simple and cute wreath. You can make all the accessories for decorating it easily.
It’s such a great project to work with the kids also.
DIY Christmas Wreath
To make this Christmas wreath, here’s the tutorial:
DIY Winter Wreath Tutorial
You will need:
- A wire wreath (you can also use straw or styrofoam wreath)
- Tissue paper (used for packing gifts)
- Wooden blocks (for homes)
- Acrylic paints
- Felt stockings (I found this pack at dollar store)
- Glitter snowflake
- Cupcake liner Christmas trees
- Fake snow
- Mod podge
- Glue gun
- Wood glue
- I started by wrapping the wire wreath with tissue paper.
- Then I used a foam brush to cover the bottom of the wreath with mod podge and sprinkled fake snow over it. I then left the wreath to dry.
- Meanwhile, I used wooden square and triangle from my sons blocks to make little homes. I used wood glue to join them. And painted them with acrylic paints.
- For the garland, I used twine to thread the felt stockings. I also made a specimen art using stockings, found here.
- The glitter snowflake is very easy to make. Find the tutorial here.
- And the mini Christmas trees are made with cupcake liner, found here.
- Once all the items were ready, I used glue gun to affix them in place.
- That’s about it all.
The Christmas printable in the above display is also free to print.
You can find it here.
I hope you enjoyed reading about this easy wreath.
Have a merry and bright Christmas.
DIY Christmas Pearl Ornament
DIY Winter Wreaths
Best Christmas Mantels