Ribbon Flowers Tutorial (Make flowers)

How to make ribbon flowers?  A simple DIY Ribbon Flowers tutorial.
And many more ways to make Ribbon flowers and Fabric flowers.

The flowers I am going to share today are very dear to my heart.  I learnt to (make ribbon flowers) sew these flowers using ribbon.  I used them to decorate a basket for my wedding.  These ribbon flowers are beautiful.

Let me share an image of the ribbon flowers decorated on the basket:

Handmade ribbon flowers

Ribbon Flowers

These flowers require a steady hand.  And the more you practice the better you get.

handmade ribbon flowers

To sew

Ribbon Flower Rose:

You will need:
Ribbon (I used 1″ wide ribbon)
Thread and needle (for sewing)

Make It:

• Start by rolling the ribbon in the form of a bud (as you can see at the center).
  • And use thread and needle to sew as you go, for a secure and perfect flower.
  • Once you have a supportive bud, big enough to hold in your fingers; start folding the ribbon.
  • Fold the ribbon and continue sewing each petal as you go below the other.
  • Each fold will give you an individual petal.

ribbon flowers tutorial

Next I just used thread to secure each flower on the basket.
To match the gold and silver theme of the event and glued ribbon to the bottom of the basket.
I also added a beads wired garland around the basket.

ribbon flowers

I don’t know if I should say it myself, but it looked fabulous on my wedding! What do you think?

ribbon flowers

A few more flowers you can make using ribbon:

Make ribbon flowers

ribbon rose
Folded Ribbon Rose via borrowed and bleu.
Fold the ribbon’s both ends as shown in the picture and pull the longer end.

fabric flowers
Cute grosgrain ribbon flowers via artfully caroline.
Glue loops of ribbon on each other and use beads to make the center.

ribbon_flowers
Rolling Ribbon Flower via craft craft.
Roll your ribbon on a piece of wire.  Now roll the wire to make flower.

ribbon rose
DIY Easy Folded Ribbon Rose via luvs 2 stamp.
Fold the ribbon to make this three petaled ribbon flower.

You will also like:

Burlap and Fabric Flowers

Yarn Rosettes

25+ Handmade Flower Tutorials

Looking for more Handmade Flowers?

Check out tutorials in the category FLOWERS.

Are you on pinterest?
You will also enjoy the Handmade Flowers Board.
These are updated regularly whenever I find unique ideas.

Comments

1. I learned how to make these roses before several months watching one video tutorial.I was happy like a child! Your flowers are perfect.Thanks for your version how to make such a lovely flowers:)

2. Love the basket and flowers for your wedding. Thanks for sharing that. Great inspiration for wedding season.

3. Lovely flowers! Thanks for the tutorial.

4. Crystelle Boutique says:

I had never seen the method used by borrowed and blue before! I am going to have to give it a try!
    Thanks for the tip!

Crystelle

5. Wow, that's really beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Liz

6. These are gorgeous and very elegant!
    Thank you for the tutorial – appreciate it a lot :)

7. ileana-carmen says:

I love your roses.

8. Perfect,beautiful flowers!!!:))

9. Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer says:

Stopping by from Nifty Thrifty! Your roses are so pretty and elegant looking. Thanks also so your tutorial! My fingers are crossed you’ll share your creative inspiration tonight with Sunday’s Best – sharing is a good thing! PS – I've pinned this!

10. Really beautiful roses! Thank you for sharing so many ways to make them :)

Heini

11. Ok if I say the roses made perfect decoration for your basket? Beautiful work all around.
    Janet

12. Crafty Cousins says:

I love the dress! You did a fabulous job on it. I'd love for you to link it up to our What I Wore Sunday link party:

See you soon!
    ~Natalie

13. Crafty Cousins says:

Oh goodness. I meant flowers. I was talking about a dress…while I was typing…so sorry! :)
    {{{blush}}}

14. Ewa Kelly-Miksa says:

perfect flowers!
    I would like to let you know about a new Craft Party,

I would love to see your creations linked up with Crafty Tuesday

Every week I will choose few tutorials and they will be featured on my blog and my facebook, twitter and pinterest page

I hope to see you link up

15. LOVE the flowers!!! I want to make some too!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

16. Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer says:

Such pretty ribbon flowers! Was tickled you shared your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

17. Thanks for posting this. I've seen a lot of fabric flowers, but your's are especially pretty! Maybe I'll give them another go, my last ones turned out a bit wonky :(

18. Angie Granata says:

Love all the flowers. I am making some right now out of fabric. Time consuming, but so nice. Thanks for sharing. Loved seeing all the different ones.

19. I love ribbon flowers. so very pretty!

20. Doll in the Looking Glass says:

So charming! Thanks for sharing.

Debra

21. Beautiful!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

22. Nicole@Show Off Friday says:

Those flowers are gorgeous!

23. Christina at I Gotta Create! says:

Wow!! So beautiful! Lots of ways ou could use them too.
    Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

24. This tutorial is fabulous , i luv to make headbands for my daugther
    Cheers karen

25. Greetings and Regards
    Excuse me, my name is Amina from Iran, I am a beginner and would like you to learn how to make these beautiful flowers
    So I ask, if possible, video clips of how to make some of these flowers please send me an email.
    I do appreciate it, thanks.
    Good luck

26. Nkiru Arah says:

Nice tutorial

Trackbacks

1. [...] Ribbon Flowers and Burlap Flowers [...]

2. [...] Bendable burlap flowers. . Make ribbon flowers. This tutorial helps you sew a ribbon flower. Ribbon flower tutorial. . Make nylon flowers. Use nylon or stocking net to craft handmade flowers. DIY nylon [...]

3. […] Here’s a tutorial to make ribbon flowers. […]