DIY Holiday doormats to buy if not DIY to cheer up the guests. What is more exciting then making your family and friends happy right at the doorstep this Holiday season! I have gathered some Christmas and Winter doormats DIY inspiration that’s bright and colorful. There are also bold and modern doormat styles too. These easy Holiday doormats can be your next Holiday cute look craft project. However, you can buy some really beautiful doormats if you are not feeling crafty!
Refresh door decor with cute doormats and complete the Holiday decorations with winter wreath, Holidays lights and door decorations. Add cute DIY gnomes to the front porch to bring some Holiday magic and luck.
Coir rugs and doormats painting supplies
You can find blank coir rugs at any store for cheap like Walmart, IKEA, amazon and so on. Supplies needed to paint coir doormats:
- Blank doormat or blank coir mat
- Water-based paint i.e. acrylic paints
- Paint pour squeeze plastic bottles
- Foam brushes round and long
- Vinyl stencil
- Spray paint
- Painter’s tape
- Cutting machine like cricut to cut file
- Utility knife to cutout your letters, monograms and designs
How to paint coir rugs and doormats?
These ideas are mostly painted Holiday doormats. A stencil or free-hand painting using paint brushes or foam brushes will do the trick. A few tips to get you started on DIY holiday doormats:
1. Using stencil to paint on rugs
- Make sure to brush the rug before starting to clear of any dust and dirt
- Use a stencil out of vinyl and dab paint with foam brush or sponge
- Spray paint also works great if you are using a vinyl stencil
- Use painters tape to secure your stencil in place
- Finally don’t sweat imperfections make it look handmade
2. Freehand paint using paint pour bottles
- You can use plastic bottles with tip (hole at the top) or paint pour squeeze bottles to freehand paint your pattern
- Make sure to use a pen or dark pencil to draw and sketch your design before you start painting
- Use a small brush for outlining fine straight lines
- Use 80% of acrylic paint or any water-based paint and mix 20% water to make it flow easily instead of globs
- Coir rugs absorb paint so don’t worry about imperfections
DIY Holiday Doormats to paint and stencil
Here are a few ideas to get your creativity flowing to make DIY Holiday doormats for your front door entrance:
- Anthropologie-inspired colorful Holiday doormat
- DIY Holiday doormats
- Merry and magical Holiday doormat
- Let it snow doormat
- How to make a Holiday doormat?
- Snowfall winter doormat
- DIY gingerbread house doormat
- Super simple Merry Christmas doormat
- Make layered doormat with fabric
- Stenciled DIY Christmas doormat
- Easy reindeer Holiday door mat
- Christmas doormat Merry welcome mat
- DIY gnome Holiday doormat
- Baby it’s cold outside come in Holiday door mat
- Holiday tree doormat Christmas decor
- Holiday tree custom welcome mat
- Come in and cozy up doormat
- Evergreen tree Holiday doormat
- Hand painted doormat reindeer
What material is best for DIY Holiday doormats?
Even though coir mats pops these ideas the most, you can make them on rubber mats, nylon, fabric or any other material. Another fun idea is to make removable fabric covers for your doormat that can be washed in the laundry machine.
Anthropologie inspired colorful Holiday doormat by tatertotsandjello.
DIY holiday doormats by kaylamakes.
Merry and magical Holiday doormat by valeriesheldon.
Let it snow doormat by craftyourself.
DIY Holiday Doormats are for every season
Holiday rugs and doormats are not just for Christmas, but this easy project can add wonderful vibes in a fun way through out the season. For instance on Easter, Halloween or Thanksgiving as well.
How to make a Holiday doormat by makeitgrateful.
Snowfall winter doormat by hometalk.
DIY gingerbread house doormat by hgtv.
Super simple Merry Christmas doormat by healthhomeandheart.
Make layered doormat with fabric by renovatedfaith.
Stenciled DIY Christmas doormat by paintandpattern.
Easy Reindeer Holiday Door Mat by heidiswapp.
DIY Holiday Doormats you can buy and make
Christmas doormat Merry welcome mat by Etsy.
DIY gnome Holiday doormat by Kitchenstuffplus. For more gnome inspired Christmas ideas and home decor check out 30 Cute DIY gnomes.
Baby it’s cold outside come in Holiday door mat by Etsy.
Holiday tree doormat Christmas decor by Etsy.
Holiday tree custom welcome mat by Etsy.
Come in and cozy up doormat by target.
Evergreen tree Holiday doormat by target.
Nickel designs hand painted doormat reindeer by westelm.
I hope you enjoyed these ideas and got inspired by the fun and bright Holiday doormats. For a complete Holiday decor you may also like:
Once your home is all set to welcome the Christmas cheers, how about take advantage of the Holiday gift guide and ideas to gift wrap?
For more fun and ideas follow along at instagram to stay updated. Happy Holidays!